Saturday, June 18, 2011

"Big Guy" Please stay out of the kitchen!!!


Ouch!!  I really do want the kitchen to be a place to gather and make lasting memories but every time the Big Guy enters DISASTER STRIKES!!! Yikes! I know this is making a memory but it's just not the kind of memory I had in mind.  The golden rule in our home is "share and play fair"  I just can't!!!  The simple task of boiling pasta turns into an explosion of mess, that causes me this overwhelming anxiety. My poor stove! Thank goodness for stove top cleaner!  As I watch from a distance, I am trying my best to let go and let the Big Guy do his thing.  He has many great talents but cooking is just not one of them. It's like me trying to learn all about the computer...I stink at it!  I know it and do not pretend other wise. Knowing he has a wife that loves to cook and create tasty meals... why on earth does he just not ask for help?  In the end, I have to jump in and save the day or save my kitchen....would it not just be easier to ask? I really am not a control freak, well maybe just a little when it comes to my favorite place in the house. I just want the kitchen to still be standing at the end of the day! Trying my best to let go!  For the love of my kitchen and my sanity PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2 comments: