Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Freshness to scrumptious June 14, 2011

Here it is an hour and half before we would be rushing out the door to make it to church on time.  It is at this very moment that I get a wild hair to make something out of  the remaining fresh blackberries that are chilling in the refrigerator.  Why now? I just do not have an answer!  My brain begins to go into overload, as I start grabbing all the different ingredients out of the pantry.  As the yellow cake mix stared me down, I decided why not turn this plain cake mix into scrumptious white chocolate blackberry cupcakes.  I get busy dumping the cake mix, buttermilk, sour cream, blackberry syrup, oil and 3 eggs into a bowl.  I whip out the mixer and start blending all the ingredients together.  Of course, I could not stop myself from dipping my finger into the bowl.  Very happy with all the blended flavors!
  I gently stir in a cup of mini white chocolate chips and fold in big juicy blackberries.  I could not resist popping a few into my mouth. No time to waste,  I rush to quickly fill up each individual spot in the pan and toss them gently into the warm oven.  I know my time is limited, so I get busy putting together a delicious blackberry cream cheese frosting.   The house began to fill up with a mouth watering aroma.  I could not help myself when I licked not just one beater but two!  The burst of flavor that hit my tiny taste buds was fantastic. It left me wanting to grab a big spoon and just dig into the bowl of frosting.  Saved by the timer... I quickly pulled out the soft cupcakes. Heading out the door to church, I grabbed one for the road.  With every bite I could not wait for the next and before I knew it I was licking my fingers clean. Wow!  After enjoying a fantastic message on Genesis, I rushed home to finish the cupcakes with a heaping spoonful of frosting.  Time to eat!  Whether you have all day or just a short time, get into the kitchen and just starting mixing a way and you never know the flavors you may discover....sometimes a masterpiece or even a disaster but the bottom line is if you never try then you never know!!  Just go for it! Smile! Beck

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes sound awesome! Too bad I live so far away...that's computer sarcasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky! i have to say i enjoyed this blog the best so far, more succint and to the point. Way to go! btw, they look wonderful

    ReplyDelete